CLEAN BREAKFASTS :: CACAO + ALMOND BUTTER PORRIDGE


During Winter, I try to eat a hot and filling brekkie before work. Something hot and filling ensures I don't snack on something sweet or unhealthy during that typical coffee break time of 11am. Enter porridge to the rescue. That super filling ingredient that keeps you full until lunch time.

Some use water or milk to cook their porridge, I on the other hand use almond milk as a dairy substitute. For extra creaminess, soak the oats overnight in almond milk in the fridge and come breakfast, you can pop them into microwave for two minutes or stir gently in a pot over a hob.


When ready pop into a bowl and let the decoration begin. For this super clean brekkie, I've opted to sprinkle cacao powder around the edges. Not to be confused with cocoa powder, cacao is packed with antioxidants which protect the body from ageing and disease. Its a guilt free treat! In the centre, I've added my favourite, chopped banana and Meridan almond butter. Made from nothing but almonds and not a preservative in sight, it is an amazing whole food with awesome health benefits.

Grab a spoon and dive into another clean nosh breakfast!

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 16, 2014 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

3 Responses to “CLEAN BREAKFASTS :: CACAO + ALMOND BUTTER PORRIDGE”

  1. I love porridge and this looks absolutely delicious! I've never tried cacao butter before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm a tad obsessed with nut butters! :)

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favourite ways to eat porridge, it kind of tastes like a peanut butter cup.

    ReplyDelete