CLEAN BREAKFASTS :: COCONUT EGGS + BACON OMLETTE


Eggs, beautiful, free range and organic eggs. Let me count the ways that I love thee. In fact, my love for eggs is probably an infatuation at this stage resulting in no weekend being complete unless they are being served up.

My favourite way to cook them is either frying a couple or whisking up a batch ready for an omelette. Before you go all "fried food isn't healthy" on me, let me explain how I fry eggs. Simply put, I use the wonder ingredient that is coconut oil. Pop a little dollop onto a hot pan and that stuff melts in seconds.

No, your eggs won't taste of coconut and yes, used often enough, coconut oil will give you the skin you have always wanted. I am convinced that my recent bout of glowing skin is down to adding coconut oil to my diet. A healthy fat, health benefits include reducing stress, cholesterol level maintenance, weight loss, boosted immune system and a regulated metabolism. 

I will tell you, that a decent jar can be pricey (We're talking £18 pricey) but if you're clever, you'll wait for one of those 'buy one, get one free offers' like I did. Plus, my first jar lasted me 6 months and given my "Ohhhh you're skin is amazing" compliments of late, its bang for buck one of the best buys I've made.


So, on to the yummy 'easiest breakfasts on the planet' brekkie. 

METHOD

:: Easy peasy, stick your pan on a high heat and when hot, dollop on a teaspoon of coconut oil. 

:: Let it melt and then roll it round the pan.

:: Grab a couple of slices of bacon (Yes, bacon is clean! Its from an animal, so its clean. Just try and make sure you buy as highest quality as possible), chop up and fry in the oil.

:: Whisk two or three eggs and after your bacon is cooked, pour on top.

:: Let it cook away and flip if you're feeling adventurous. 

:: Pop onto a plate and add additional ingredients to beef up the nutrition. Think spinach, avocado or tomatoes like I have.

Boom, you've made another clean breakfast. Head to work and feel smug all day!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply